Time to get anothe issue out, IN A FURY!
Over the last several weeks I've been absolutely hooked on Prolatariat's battlemage battle royale game Spellbreak. I'm typically not one that enjoys the first few titles of a new "genre" so to speak, but around the time of a few "copycat" releases and BOOM! I find one that I like.
Same thing happened with MOBAs, I absolutely hate (and still very much dislike) League of Legends and DOTA, HOWEVER, I loved Smite. Hi-Rez's take on the genre was much better suited to my tastes than the firsts that pioneered the gameplay. And I'm finding my time with Spellbreak to be similar.
PUBG, Fortnite, Apex Legends, etc etc... None of them were fun for me. I found myself dying in PUBG and Fortnite without knowing where my assailants were coming from. And while I occasionally have that happen in Spellbreak, it is few and far between. I actually feel like I have a chance to do something before the hellfire kicks in.
Another piece that I really enjoy about Spellbreak; aside from the cool cell-shading technique used, is the clearly defined classes. Having that primary class that your leveling up and getting perks out of is great. Also having the ability to swap out a second element gauntlet to make super combinations is the shit. It makes playing each match a fresh experience. I personally love the Toxicologist and Conduit, with a little dash of Tempest.
The task that I've put in front of me, is actually studying the map and figuring out the best spots to start from. Because...I'm lost when it come to that. That was just an aspect of the game that I didn't pay attention to in the early going of playing. So, gotta get caught up on that!
If any of you are playing on PSN, I'm Tridrakious. I'm also down to play a few matches, plus that will help me add people to the friends list in the game, since it's Tridrakious and some random number attached to it. I think it's like, 4608... Or 4709... Don't know. However, gotta run! Time for more Spellbreak!
0 Comments