Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Horus Heresy - New Dreadnaught Drop Pod: Unboxing

Hi Guys!!!

Wow what a week it's been hobby wise. I'm still personally reeling from the over load of cool stuff from the HH: Weekender 2019. If you haven't seen some of the photos take a look at the UB4H weekly round up from last Sunday. Keep your eyes peeled too as on Sunday I'll be showing off the new AT: Delta tile!  So what do we have for you today?


Death from above......😈

Having recently been fortunate enough to acquire one of the original Dreadnaught drop pods from FW via Heresy Trading I had no idea these were going to be available at the weekender. To be honest as soon as I saw it in the sales cabinet I had to have one.


So following my purchase here for you is a peak at what you get in the box and a rough comparison to the old version.  First up is the obligatory 'Box shot' with initial packaging.





  I was quite impressed with the level of packaging if I'm honest.  Despite the main pod veins being warped, nothing a little hot water won't sort out, they were individually wrapped as you can see above.  Below are shots of the component parts.



For comparison I placed the original one I recently bought next to the current one.


One of the cool things about the new one is that the petals actually sit flush when open.  A much improved design feature along with the fact that it it big enough now to allow for a Leviathan.




So as you can see below the veins are a little out of shape but nothing too far awry that can't be manipulated with either some hot water or a quick blast with a hair dryer.


There you have it folks I hope you like what you've seen.  There will be an additional review of the kit once it's been built with a follow-up of its paint progress and hopefully it's finished glory.  Keep watching those Skies!!!!

Only In Death Does Duty End

- Tylar

Post a Comment

0 Comments