Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

OSE Continues

 My OSE game continues! 

I finally conquered my fear of mapping and started drawing maps. In the last week, I mapped the lower level of the sepulcher, and the series of hidden caves and caverns below that, complete with a juicy Type A treasure nestled in a warren of troglodytes. 

...aaaand the party decided they didn't want to try to figure out how to open the door to the western entrance to level 2, and they didn't want to fight the roomful of skeletons guarding the eastern door to level 2. They left town. -_- 

I've decided I'm going to keep these maps/this world and run them for future groups who I can con into trying OSE. 

In the meantime, the players have wandered a few days north and decided to try their hand at the Caves of Chaos. Yes, those Caves of Chaos. Mine don't exist next to a keep (although Harkon Keep is reasonably near), but I have placed a base camp of the lord's retainers and various adventurers and merchants a few miles off of the Caves. We ended with the PCs scouting out the various entrances (though they've missed a couple) and deciding to nope out of the Chaos Shrine entrance and pick the minotaur entrance. (Fools!) 

I should also note that the PCs picked up a new retainer, a fighter named Petrow. He is, unfortunately, an obvious con man, who has gleefully joined the cleric's enlightenment-pyramid-scheme religion. Their conversations are reminiscent of this. I keep envisioning him as a duelist from JB's Complete B/X Adventurer, but I'm not sure I'm going to introduce any more classes into the game right now. 

We play again in two weeks. Since they're doing the Caves of Chaos, I don't need to do any mapping or stocking, though I should probably bone up on good ol' B2. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments