My friends and I made a short and pleasant trip south of the border this weekend to a neighbourly wargame show in Gateshead, just across the river from Newcastle. Just over two hours in the car saw us arrive at the shows new location, a good change from the previous Metro Arena.
I took no pictures at the show but the local clubs own website carries a report.
http://blog.belisarius.org.uk/2012/09/border-reiver-2012-show-report.html
I hadn't planned any particular purchases (unlike me) but my eye did get caught by the following publication which I snapped up (thanks to my chum who spotted it for me).
I had been looking, in the interests of my playing group, for a World War Two set of rules in the Old School style even if it meant writing my own. I have both Featherstones and Grants offerings stashed away somewhere but the shiny new, expanded edition on offer was too good too resist. Caliver Books had it on their stand for £29.50
I am in the process now of reading (actually re-reading) the book to determine if I should use (potentially rebase) my existing 1/72 collection which is set up for Rapid Fire or make a new collection perhaps even change scale or size. 15mm, 20mm, 25mm and 28mm all spring to mind. I also have my friends collections to keep in mind although I expect I would collect British, Commonwealth, American, German and Russian forces regardless.
Comments and advice would be appreciated by my readers, go on I dare you!


0 Comments