Hooray, today was sunny. Still with the threat of rain and a few nasty clouds about but on the whole what looked like a lovely day ahead.
We haven't been to a car boot sale since the country field's ended in October but there is one quite nearby held on a race course but the weather has been so awful that it has not been taking place. But today we took a look.
Was I glad we went, there was a large clearance van that was selling everything for 50p, boxes and boxes of it to rummage in, and I love to rummage.
I know its hard to believe but I bought a box of silk flowers for £1.00 , I know I said 50p but the stall holder saw how many were in there and I'm not going to complain.
Normally I wouldn't buy artificial flowers but I saw a blog some time ago where she did some amazing things with them, just got to try to remember where the blog was.
2 wedgewood pieces, one dish and one trinket box. all perfect.
I realise these are a funny thing to buy but honestly just look at them, they are vintage first aid kits in tin boxes with all the bandages etc still intact. I love old stuff like this. Again 50p each.
Okay, they need a wash and iron but this hand embroidered table cloth and pretty tray cloth cost just 50p for the both.
2 small picture frames, maybe for some tatting.
The brown frame picture is an embroidered one and on the back has a label telling me that it was made by Linda Kerr and is an original from 94, on looking it up I find that they are quite collectable.
And these were in with a lot of crochet hooks. Twist Pins....I've never seen them before.
they look like drawing pine but with cork screw pins, apparently you screw them in. I'm guessing that you can't get them now. Anyone know differently?
On reflection, I wish I'd taken more chances and bought more stuff but I'm not very good at telling what is vintage and what isn't but I'm please with what I did buy.
Just hoping the same people will be there again. lol
Hope you all had a good weekend and the weather was kind for you too.
0 Comments