It is called Tron Square but it is far from square. It is more of an irregular polygon, and I rather like the name Tron Irregular Polygon. It would certainly distinguish it from the many other Tron Squares around the land, "tron" being an old name for a weighing machine, apparently, therefore many market squares that had weighing machines were named Tron Square, while probably more of them were named Market Square as we also have plenty of them.
Look up tron in many modern dictionaries, as I have just done, and you are liable to find: "a subatomic particle, e.g. elec-tron, posi-tron, etc". I like the idea that the electron may be considered a certain fundamental weight of electricity, although I doubt that is how the name arose. Maybe it did, though. I don't know. But I do know that our Tron Square is not a square; and I also know that many other things and indeed people are not what their names claim them to be; but I digress.

0 Comments