Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Gormiti morph into Ents!

* Click pictures for a bigger version

Remember this Gormiti?

Well, it's a proper ent now after some modeling putty and some creative sprue stretching. Three copies of the figure above were lathered with model putty, stuck with flame-melted sprue parts and subjected to black and brown spray paint to produce these bad boys.


The original Gormiti had very minimal textures on its skin, so I applied a generous helping of Tamiya model putty on the surface. I also tried to break up some of the toy's original shape. An asymmetrical look seemed more appropriate. Then armed with a raggedy old chisel brush and a toothpick, I went over the putty and roughened the surface, trying to make it look like rough bark.

Some leftover sprue was heated and burned atop a lit candle. With the plastic bubbling, I stretched, twisted, joined and slopped around the molten material until I came up with branch-like structures. These were trimmed and superglued on the toy's body. Some more putty covered irregular joins and empty spaces between the branches. I was tempted to add eyebrows and a nose to the face but decided to retain the skull-like visage. Maybe these ents were more like Old Man Willow, a bit crazy and malevolent. I need not stress the importance of safety when doing something like this. I've been burnt before so I have a pair of rubber gloves handy for occasions like this as well as a set of metal tweezers and blades.


I havent decided how to paint these guys so I primed them black and then lightly sprayed a bronish coat to check how the texturing looked like. These ents will be joining my People of the Woods army soon.

Post a Comment

0 Comments