Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Do You Trade PC cards for PC cards? & Luke Kennard In Person Autograph

What To Do, What To Do...

I was contacted on facebook by a fellow Tigers Collectible group member who remembered me winning a Razz containing a JaCoby Jones #1/3 memorabilia card asking if I was willing to trade it. He himself had just found #2/3 and we both missed out on #3/3 being sold on ebay last week for a mere $19! Damn it. Out of respect for the hobby, I let the guy make me offers for the card. It was worth much more than $19 to me even if market value of the last one sold was at a steal of a price. I did not want to part with it, BUT; I respect the guy trying to complete the set of 3 cards. He offered me something my collection has lacked: Jose Canseco scribbled ink. Out of the goodness of my heart and making him swear to do whatever it takes to complete the 3/3 set, I accepted the trade. I was sad to see that card go but overjoyed to finally have a Canseco auto. On the plus side when Jones tanks and all my PC of him is worthless I can look back on this trade happily. If he becomes the GOAT I only got rid of one card.

Out with the old,

In with the new!

Detroit Piston and Duke Alumnus Luke Kennard 

It is always a treat to hand a guy a card to have signed and have them comment on never having seen it before. It has happened a few times to me and though I know I will not be the only person on Earth to have a certain card signed, it feels cool to be the first. Dunham's Sports in Westland Michigan brought in Rookie Luke Kennard for a free public signing. Nolan and I waiting about 45 minutes in line to meet him and have him sign this rookie card I got from a break a few months ago. He was a super nice guy. I would compare his potential from what I have seen from his play as that of JJ Reddick. I hope his playing time increases soon.

After getting the signature I had to buy Nolan a Tigers hat like mine and I grabbed a 99 cent 4 card pack of Topps Archives from the impulse buy section. I got a sweet Buck Farmer RC I hadn't had:


Post a Comment

0 Comments