Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Hammerhead 2019 Pics

Hi folks,

An enjoyable overnight outing with DaveD and MartinC down to Newark this weekend for the Hammerhead Wargames Show. We travelled down on Friday, had a (very very nice) curry and a few beers, then went to the show first thing Saturday. Martin and Dave had come up with a fast play, bloody little game involving rescuing captured interlopers while butchering the innocent natives, Gorilla's and other (increasingly) endangered wildlife.

Suffice to say, I was rooting for the locals.






The game proved to be something of a hit, and while not busy all day, it had it's moments:

I didn't get a chance to ask permission for this photo, so image redacted to protect the innocent....(!)
Other than this, there was the usual range of tables, some of which were spectacular:













































































































I made an effort to get around all the tables, but I still think I missed one or two.

All in all, a great show which we all enjoyed.

Loot wise, I've ended up with two new projects... a run out of my 3mm Team Yankee last weekend saw an enthusiasm to try playing 'Fate of a Nation' at 3mm, and do the 1967 Six Day War. Large tank battles on a small scale seem to appeal to the chaps, and with a huge table and Dave's desert table cloth, it should be a go-er.

The second project was a selection of GZG 15mm models, with a view to doing some sci-fi skirmish using either Gruntz or Tomorrows War. A long term one, I think. But the GZG models just look so nice, I couldn't resist.


The other major purchase was 5 sets of 35mm 'Really Useful Box' trays - which should allow me to condense the storage of a large part of the collection.

Post a Comment

0 Comments