Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Tasteless



Today we did our last big supermarket shop before we return to the UK.  (I was really chuffed because our favourite boxed wine had a 30% reduction so we are now well stocked up for the winter.)

As we walked through the bakery section I grabbed a baguette, I thought some fresh bread would be nice to accompany our lunchtime soup. Paul warned me, he said it wouldn’t taste anything like the bread from our boulangerie, but it was freshly baked and still warm from the oven so I thought it would be okay.

I should have listened to Paul.  It was ghastly.  It was tasteless, like eating polystyrene with a strange sweetness to it.  I couldn’t believe it was so bland so I checked the label.


Baguette sans sel!  Silly me, it was a salt free version that I had picked up.  I’m not sure if it would have tasted much better with any added salt.

I told Paul salt free bread was good for his high blood pressure. He responded by picking it up and dropping it straight into the bin.


"he could have given it to me, I would have eaten it"

Post a Comment

0 Comments